In light of present circumstances, Galena Bible Church has decided to offer an opportunity for our local church body to minister to families in an alternative way. Instead of offering Vacation Bible School this Summer we are inviting church families to host their own Backyard Bible Club. Families could invite their children's friends and neighbors to their own yard for a few hours each day and have fun while telling Bible stories and sharing the Gospel.
Some advantages to Backyard Bible Clubs:
- Flexibility - You can look at your schedule and find a week that works well for you and your family.
- Time - Evenings or mornings; 90 minutes or 4 hours; 5 days or 3 days. It can be whatever works for you.
- Smaller Groups - It will be safer to meet in smaller settings rather than having 100 kids on our facility.
- Location - We can reach more locations and can also invite children who wouldn't usually have transportation to our church building.
- Follow-Up - One of the advantages of having families reaching other families, like their neighbors, is the ability to continue to build relationships with your neighbors.
We think our church families would make great hosts for this kind of event. We know that there are many details that would need to take place and GBC wants to help you.
Here is what we will provide for those families willing to host.
- Flyer invitations for you to handout to your neighbors and friends
- A flexible curriculum that would accommodate reaching different age groups and give you choice of how much time you'd teach.
- People to help - you can use the link above and select that you'd rather help another family host this event.
- Training - We would provide online resources to help prepare you for your Backyard Bible Camp
- Liability Waivers
We are really excited that this will provide a way to be the hands and feet of Christ during this “off” summer. Because many of the summer activities and sports will be canceled, parents may be looking for things for them to do. You’ll probably really enjoy getting to know the other neighbors. Maybe we’ll like this so much we’ll want to do it this way every year!
Please be in prayer to see if the Lord is leading you to host a club. Because of your children and/or your connections to children in our community we feel you would be perfect. We will be praying for YOU.